This is the baby shower I did for my good friend Jessica












I didn't exactly have a theme...I used polka-dots and elephants as my decor.


She was having a little boy so the colors were orange & blue.


I homemade a plethora of yummy treats...


turkey pinwheels


pear salad


strawberry trifle


cookies




I also made (instead of playing any lame baby shower games) a


Wisdom Tree.






This was Jessica's 2nd boy so I didn't feel like she needed the typical mom advice
that is given at many baby showers.


Instead, I used store bought tags and stamped an elephant on them.


Then in the ear of the elephant I wrote a number.


In a glass jar I put tickets with numbers on them.







The "rules" were to write advice to the son at the age of the number you drew on the
tag with the corresponding number.


So let's say you drew 12.


Find the elephant tag numbered twelve.


Maybe write...


You're mom is much cooler than you think. 
Trust her when she says stay away
from girls. 
They do stink and cause trouble.
 Also, don't be afraid of standing up for what's right. 
Dont try to fit in. 
GOD created the universe and HE loves you and thinks you're cool.
That's good enough!!!!






1 Comment

  1. jessica on December 3, 2009 at 7:02 PM

    Man I was big! I feel very blessed for your friendship. I love love loved the wisdom tree. I have all the tags up in Laken's closet and super excited to start reading them to him.