So I'm on day 3 of a 10 day liver cleanse. 
A client of mine told me she had recently done it with amazing results. 
She blogged about it on www.fabitimes.blogspot.com


Naturally, upon hearing about this great way to cleanse yourself I decided to do it. 
Because the liver holds so many toxins its recommended to cleans twice a year. 
This basically entails emptying your system clean through apple juice, fasting, and salt water drinks then flushing it out with olive oil. 


Not so appealing I might add. (and the release of toxins in my largest muscles is killing my legs)
So I had a bit of a lazy day today at my friend Kristina's.....










FYI...her Snuggie, NOT mine LOL. 




Anyway, getting into bed I opened my bible to Mark 7. 


It was just where God had me open. 


No agenda.


No plan. 


Just read. 


So Mark 7:1-23 talks about clean & unclean.


Jesus is preaching and says in vs. 14


       "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this.
Nothing outside a man can make him unclean by going into him. 
Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him
unclean"


He then goes on in vs. 18


"Are you so dull? Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the 
outside can make him unclean? For it doesn't go into his heart but into 
his stomach, and then out of his body."




God is good in his direction! 


It was funny to open the bible to Jesus saying that nothing is unclean (other than that which is the evils of the heart- vs 20-23) on my 3rd day of cleansing. 


I don't know why I feel the need to free myself, in my body, of the things of this world. What is or isn't in my liver isn't going to make me holier, or more righteous. Eating a raw foods diet vs. being vegan vs. loving meat doesn't really matter to God. He wants us to steward the bodies he's given us wisely, but ultimately He looks for a clean heart, not a clean body. 


Don't hear what I'm not saying....God honors our decisions for our bodies as long as those decisions are made with the purpose of honoring Him.  We each need to respect how each other chooses to care for their body without judgement. I may choose to eat only unprocessed foods....you may love ice cream.....these things aren't the issue. 


The issue is the heart. 


Do I only eat whole foods because of health reasons or because I want to look like what the media says is pretty???


Do I run daily because I want to be able to physically "run the race to win the prize" alongside my spirit-man or because it allows me to eat cake???


Do I practice hot yoga because it gives God 90 minutes of my day to speak to me when my mind is still or because its trendy to do???


So you see, all things can be used to glorify God, our bodies especially, if our hearts are right. 


Jesus said it himself, nothing that God says is clean is unclean. 
Nothing you put in your mouth makes you evil....it's the deceiving heart that leads us astray. 


So while I'm doing this cleanse, for the health of my body, I'm asking God to purify my soul as well. Because what good is a clean body to God if its filthy with sin???




1 Comment

  1. Kasey on December 3, 2009 at 4:50 AM

    good for you...
    i need to do a cleanse...
    but i might wait till after xmas;-)
    xo