Although we'd like to say that we are all


SUZIE HOME-MAKERS


 with the cutest gift wrap on hand,


sometimes...


WE JUST RUN OUT!!! 




We may have scraps of paper


or tissue


or ribbon that seem to never be quite long enough


lying around but all our "good wrapping" may have been used and very last minute we need to wrap a gift. 
Now, I am a firm believer that the wrapping is just as important as the gift inside.
 Let's face it...
we all judge books by their covers. 
So, in a bind,
 I have the perfect go-to gift wrap always available in my pantry. 


THE GOOD 'OL BROWN PAPAER BAG 
(I use standard lunch baggies for my home popped popcorn so I ALWAYS have bags)











Simply place your gift in the bag, place some scrap tissue in the top, and tie with whichever loose ribbon you have. 
The good thing about this is that you don't need large amounts of tissue or ribbon so those scraps lying around are put to use!


I know this isn't rocket-science or anything new but It's helpful to remember that your pantry can serve as a craft-supply store at times.













1 Comment

  1. Kelli on December 2, 2009 at 11:11 AM

    I am a big fan of the brown paper bag... I even use grocery store bags! This habit also leads to me saving EVERY bit of little scraps of anything that might possibly be used, craft-wise. Yikes!